If you saw my Auction Action post last week you might recognize this little stool I picked up for $5.
It was solid and sturdy, not in bad shape, but a little boring. I knew I could fix that with a little paint! 🙂
I primed the whole thing and painted the legs Behr Prelude (leaving the metal feet unpainted) and painted the seat Behr Light French Gray. Still a little boring.
So I used a French typography graphic from The Graphics Fairy to trace a design on the top. But, I cut it apart to arrange it and space it the way I wanted it. The words were in the graphic- I added the fleur de lis and key using stamps and gold paint.
A little distressing and a coat of Modge Podge to protect the top and she was done. No more boring and super easy! I’ll remember to take pictures of the process next time and show you how I trace the design from the computer print.
It’s up for sale on Craigslist, but until then it’s in the guest room.
Linking up to: